Sunday, May 22, 2011

HOLLYWOOD HARPER??? BDO Alto .4



Senator ILM




Lenny Harper





Billy Smart Circus





"BDO ALTO"




They Respond


I will be sharing the latest round of emails in this posting.



Also, I would like to point out what I see is history repeating itself and the Double Standards of the Home Affairs Minister Senator Ian Le Marquand and our Ruling  Elite. To people who are familiar with my Blog Postings on the Brian Napier  Report you will know how i've shown that there are 4 TOR's and a whole load of shennigans to boot. So, what has this got to do with BDO Alto  I hear you say. Well, there has just been an " INDEPENDENT REPORT" into the conduct of a very senior Civil Servant concerning the Brian Napier Report .


When I was researching through Hansard I came across another little gem


Just look at the Similarities 


BDO Alto "Independent Report"  never contacted the two main players Lenny Harper or Graham Power.  This Report was used for the "Lavish lifestyle"  Media Reporting.




Now just look at this exchange between Deputy Chief Minister Philip Ozouf  and Deputy Bob Hill concerning the conduct of a very Senior Civil Servant .  Deputy Hill finds out that this report is so "INDEPENDENT" that the person conducting it doesn't even interview the two main players, Brian  Napier QC or Graham Power QPM. Read the exchange below and remember the "BDO Alto Report" It  really is Staggering that no one is doing anything about this shambolic running of Government apart from the usual Deputies. 



4.4     The Deputy of St. Martin:
The Senator has recently overseen a serious complaint made against a senior civil servant, will the Minister inform Members whether the investigator into the complaint interviewed the former Police Chief Office and the Q.C. (Queen’s Counsel) who investigated the circumstances into the Police Chief’s suspension?  If they were not interviewed, will he explain why?
Senator P.F.C. Ozouf:
I did discharge those functions because the Chief Minister asked me to and an independent investigator was appointed.  He carried out the review.  These are not matters which should be ventilated into the public domain.  The Deputy of St. Martin made a number of allegations and they were not upheld but unfortunately he continues on this line of questioning in relation to various matters in relation to this.  I looked at this issue and as far as I am concerned that matter, which I do not think it is appropriate that we talk about in the public domain, is now closed after a satisfactory independent review.
4.4.1  The Deputy of St. Martin:
I ask the question I asked be answered: were these 2 gentlemen interviewed?
Senator P.F.C. Ozouf:
No, and I do not believe it was relevant.  The independent review was made.  But they are not relevant, the Deputy continues to makes comments and casts aspersions on people and individuals and I hope that we have drawn a line under those issues in a way that we should have closure.  We need to move on and stop attacking individuals who are discharging public office and have done so properly.  [Approbation]  This issue was basically thrown out.

There you have it ,  just priceless it really is but also very serious. Before I move on to the reply from "BDO"  I want to show you the double standards of Senator Ian Le Marquand. Now, we all know how he has gone on about the Maverick cop Lenny Harper and his lavish spending of £7,000 from January to August 08 on flights, accommodation and meals just look what he says when challenged about the Wiltshire Expenses. I will also be investigating these and im awaiting a reply from Steve Austin Vautier concerning them.  This is roughly between January and November 09. 



Travel.................£92,000

Hotel Accommodation ..£82,000




8th December 2009 Questions without Notice ILM

.3 The Deputy of St. Martin:
Maybe I could just follow up that before I ask my question.  If the Minister felt that he may well be conflicted because he will have 2 roles to play, would the Minister not consider it might be appropriate maybe to delegate that responsibility to an Assistant Minister?  Really to get down to the real question I want to ask also, 2 or 3 weeks ago the Minister indicated that the cost for the Wiltshire Inquiry was £530,000-odd and rising and he was going to look into the cost particularly of the hotel and travel fees which, I think, were well over £170,000.  Is the Minister able to give us an update on whether those fees or those costs were justified?
Senator B.I. Le Marquand:
As usual the Deputy has posed a number of questions together and I am afraid I cannot remember the first one because I was so focusing on the last one.  In relation to the costs of Wiltshire 1, as I like to call it, I have received detailed figures.  I was particularly interested in the issue of the costs of transportation.  What the Members of this Assembly must understand is that for many months there were 7 Wiltshire police officers working full-time in relation to this very complex matter.  They were coming over on a Monday morning where air fares are very high, normally from Southampton, sometimes from Bristol and then returning on a Friday evening.  So, there were considerable costs there.  I am satisfied, in general terms, that there has been proper monitoring of costs and expenditure by officers of my department.



Just look at his answer. I don't want to dwell on this  at the moment.  I only want to highlight them for future reference and show how it's farcical what is happening especially when we now look at the BDO Alto report. This ruling elite can change, manipulate, suspend, arrest , castigate with their local paid up local media anyone they like. Our Government has no control on what is going on. 




So, back to the BDO reply. Just look how no one can give an answer. This is getting very interesting as they had no idea any questions would be asked. It's important that I start with the original email from Lenny so you can get an idea of what is going on.  BDO & the Home Affairs don't really want to answer the questions. It will be really interesting to see what response Lenny Harper will receive from Brian Moore of Wiltshire as Mr Moore will fully appreciate the gravity of what's being asked and why. 



Again, I would like to thank the people who are clicking on and reading these posts. I have been overwhelmed at the numbers. All I ask is that you keep spreading the word. All we are doing is looking for Truth, Honesty and Integrity 


Rico Sorda



Team Voice



From: Lenny Harper Sent: 17 May 2011 22:56
To: Client Services
Subject: BDO Report on Operation Rectangle

Dear Sir /Madam,
I am the former Deputy Chief Officer of the States of Jersey Police and I was the Senior Investigating Officer on 'Operation Rectangle.'  I made most of the decisions regarding the use of resources on that operation.  I have, in the past week, become aware that Mr Ian Le Marquand, the Home Affairs Minister, commissioned you to examine the use of resources during the operation and that you submitted a report which was critical of my decisions.  I am somewhat surprised that you felt able to do this without even contacting me to ask me a single question about the rationale for my decisions.  Accordingly you have made assumptions which are totally incorrect and factually inaccurate.  If you had contacted me I would have given you the information which would have prevented you from being so wide of the mark. 

Mr Le Marquand states that he had no say in the decision not to interview me.  He actually states that he remained independent.  I presume you were working to a terms of reference and I would be grateful if you would tell me who composed your TOR, and if these included a specific instruction not to speak to me.  It seems most strange that a reputable firm of accountants (which I presume you are) would compile a report passing judgement on the decisions on how to use resources without even speaking to the person who made those decisions.  This is not a matter of hindsight, (although the hideous inaccuracies within your report are highlighted by hindsight) but a matter of commonsense.  It would seem obvious for a report to have any integrity or credibility then the lead player should be consulted.

Another, perhaps even more serious matter, is that in several places in your report, you quote from a statement which I made to Wiltshire Police.  This statement was made on a confidential basis to Wiltshire, for one purpose only, and that was a disciplinary investigation into another senior police officer.  I was given an assurance that no one else would have access to it.  You have quoted from it and thereby raise issues of Data Protection.  Furthermore, on at least one occasion you have quoted incorrectly from it.  The whole interview was tape recorded and you havequoted me as saying something at variance with what was actually said.  Before deciding whether to take matters further with the Data Protection Commissioner I would like to know how you accessed my statement to Wiltshire and why you quoted it in a report which had nothing to do with the original purpose for which it was made.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Leonard Harper



From: Matthew Corbin 
To: lennyharperCc: 
Sent: Friday, 20 May, 2011 17:19:33
Subject: FW: BDO Report on Operation Rectangle


Dear Mr Harper,

Thank you for your email of Tuesday 17th May 2011 (timed 22:56), which I was forwarded on Wednesday 18th May.

I have forwarded your email to the Home Affairs Department of the States of Jersey for their consideration and response to you. This firm was engaged by and reported to the Home Affairs Minister. A copy of our report was subsequently put into the public domain via publication on the States of Jersey website. We state in the report that we did not have an opportunity to discuss a draft of this report with you. We also caveat that it was for the use of the addressees only. We are therefore unable to make any further direct comment.

Yours sincerely
For BDO Alto Limited

Matthew Corbin



----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Lenny Harper 
To: Matthew Corbin 
Sent: Saturday, 21 May, 2011 9:38:33
Subject: Re: BDO Report on Operation Rectangle


Dear Mr Corbin,

As part of my complaint, the ICAEW state that I should give you ample opportunity to answer the substance of the complaint.  So to comply with that fully, and to ensure you realise the seriousness of the situation and that I and others will not go away, I will further elaborate my complaint and give you some more information which may be of interest to you.

Firstly, it was not the Home Affairs Department who submitted a report which purported to be an audit of how resources were used on Operation Rectangle without even contacting the person responsible for those decisions.  It was your company.  Your company carried out a sham of an enquiry and came to wrongful assumptions without even speaking to the one person who knew the answers as to why resources where used in the way they were.  A thirty minute conversation with me would have contradicted many of the lazyily and hastily reached conclusions in your report.  You spoke to one or two disaffected people who, if you had bothered to ask, you would have found had a history of inappropriate conduct detected by me.  You received payment for something you knew lacked credibility and integrity.  What I want to know, is who made the decision not to speak to me, yourselves, or was that dictated to you in the terms of reference.  Either way, it looks like a continuation of the policy to stop the abused victims having their say through the police investigation.

Then there is the matter of how you come to quote from a confidentail statement I made to Wilstshire Police for the sole purpose of a disciplinary enquiry into the Chief Officer of the States Police.  As I told you previously, this statement was highly confidential.  Here I attach the section of the Wilstshire report relating to confidentiality of the report which they say is exempt from the Freedom Of Information Act.
               
               

Highly Confidential – Personal Information
An independent disciplinary investigation by Wiltshire Police
Following the suspension of Chief Officer Graham Power of the
States of Jersey Police on 12 November 2008.
Obligation to confidentiality
1. Paragraph 1.2 of the discipline code (for Chief Officers of the States of Jersey Police) requires that all parties involved in the operation of this code will maintain confidentiality while proceedings are being progressed. The outcome of any particular case arising under the code will not, as a general rule, be publicised, but it is accepted that following the outcome of a particular case, the Home Affairs Minister and/or the States Employment Board and /or the Chief Officer, might decide that public disclosure is appropriate.
2. This Report contains personal data within the meaning of the Data Protection Act 1998, and Wiltshire Police would breach the first data protection principle if it were to disclose that information. Hence, the information is exempt under s.40(2) Freedom of Information Act 2000
3. This Report contains information that has been, and continues to be, held by Wiltshire Police for the purposes of an investigation which it has a duty to conduct and which ought not to be disclosed (under s.30 Freedom of Information Act 2000).
4. An obligation of confidence upon Wiltshire Police arises from the duty outlined at 1. Above, and disclosure of information would be likely to prejudice relations between the United Kingdom and Jersey. Information, therefore, ought not to be disclosed (under s.27 Freedom of Information Act

Now, I am sure you will be aware of the Data Protection implications in this and I will be taking that matter up.  IPart of my complaint to the ICAEW will be that breached Data Protection in your quoting of my confidential statement, which incidentally, in at least one place you quoted incorrectly.  I want to know where and how you accessed my statement.

Below is an e mail from the Home Affairs Minister Mr Le Marquand in which he totally denies any involvement in the arrangements for the BDO report.  According to this e mail he had no involvement in any aspect, including the Terms of Reference, and he states that you must have obtained the statement from Wiltshire Police, something I have taken up with the Chief Constable of Wilstshire.  Read this e mail and think, because in a further e mail, the Minister changes his story and states he may have been involved in the setting up of the Terms of Reference.  That e mail is also reproduced below.

Now, the Minister seems very unsure how the terms of reference were arrived at.  One would have thought that he would have remembered setting Terms of Reference for such an important audit.  However, this is par for the course.  He may have a memory reinstatement.  Meantime, you passing my questions on to him seems like the panic actions of someone who has been caught out, and who is trying to evade responsibility for his actions.

I think now that I have complied with the ICAEW stipulation that I should give you an opportunity to answer.  I await your reply.

Lenny Harper




80 comments:

voiceforchildren said...

Rico.

4.4.1 The Deputy of St. Martin:
"I ask the question I asked be answered: were these 2 gentlemen interviewed?"

Senator P.F.C. Ozouf:
"No, and I do not believe it was relevant. The independent review was made. But they are not relevant, the Deputy continues to makes comments and casts aspersions on people and individuals and I hope that we have drawn a line under those issues in a way that we should have closure. We need to move on and stop attacking individuals who are discharging public office and have done so properly. [Approbation] This issue was basically thrown out."

Where it says [Approbation] what it means is [FSL] "Foot Stamping Lackeys." And look at what they are stamping their feet about. The "independent" Report into a complaint made against a Senior Civil Servant DID NOT interview the two main witnesses. An "Independent" Report (BDO/Alto) didn't interview the two main witnesses. An "Independent" Report (Wiltshire) didn't interview a main witness. BDO/Alto have been given information that is "highly confidential" it is exempt from FOI. Ian Le Marquand says he knows nothing about it, then says he might know something about it.

This is one big mess and it's our ruling elite's mess. By the looks of it CTV have won an award by quoting from a hopelessly flawed (and possibly law breaking) report from BDO/Alto and the best that the majority of our government can do is stamp their feet in approval.

Lenny Harper spends less than £7,000 on travel and entertainment and our ruling elite commission a report into it, that is hopelessly flawed and the "discredited" media run with headlines like Hollywood Harper." The Wiltshire expenses show they spent over £170,000 on travel and accommodation. Their "disciplinary" report missed just about every deadline, went way over budget, produced NO "disciplinary" charges.

The foot Stamping Lackeys Stamp their feet and our independent media win an award........ Just try making a story like that up!

Anonymous said...

You are kidding me right!!!!!!!!!!!!

ILM say's


They were coming over on a Monday morning where air fares are very high, normally from Southampton, sometimes from Bristol and then returning on a Friday evening.  So, there were considerable costs there.  I am satisfied, in general terms, that there has been proper monitoring of costs and expenditure by officers of my department.


Staff costs.............£200,700

Travel.................£92,000

Hotel Accommodation ..£82,000

Legal Fees...........£77,100

Subsistence.........£39,100

Equipment Purchase..£15,200

Rent..............£14,000

Other costs......£11,400

Total...........£531,500

They were coming over between Monday and Friday

How come those expenses are so high? Rico, any Deputies looking into this? Will you keep us updated please

rico sorda said...

Brilliant Comment VFC - We always say we are "HOT FUZZ X 10"

The FSL are just so stupid and dangerous. They should be made to wear big cushions under their shoes.

Surrounded by incompetence, corruption and a spineless rudderless government. Apart from a handful of politicians who fight for Truth it really is disastrous

rs

rico sorda said...

Can someone help me with this part of the BDO email

"We state in the report that we did not have an opportunity to discuss a draft of this report with you. We also caveat that it was for the use of the addressees only."

rs

voiceforchildren said...

Rico.

"We did not have an opportunity to discuss a draft of this report with you." Roughly translated I would guess means "we were told not to."

"We also caveat that it was for the use of the addressees only." Roughly translated I would guess "Ian Le Marquand done it guv, I was just the look out!"

But I'll tell you what is that little more curious is "We did not have an opportunity to discuss a draft of this report with you."

When Brian Napier come out with his report, he sent "Scott Letters" to those who had been criticised in it to give them the opportunity to reply to the criticisms before the final report went public.

Considering the BDO/Alto Report was almost exclusively about Lenny Harper, or his expenses, although it's unthinkable to believe they didn't even interview him, but why he was not sent a "Scott Letter"???????

Anonymous said...

Bloggers giving us the news again and the silence of the MSM is deafening. Lenny Harper and Graham Power have evidently been stitched up by the immoral shysters that run or ruin this island. Worst of all so have the abuse victims.

Anonymous said...

Brian Moore speaking at a meeting in the House of Commons 28th January 2010

Brian Moore: Good morning. My name is Brian Moore. I am the Chief Constable of Wiltshire police and I am the Association of Chief Police Officers spokesman on violence and public protection.

Brian Moore: The Association of Chief Police Officers, through its council of 43 chief officers……………………………………………

Rico, were you aware that Brian Moore is a member of ACPO?

Anonymous said...

Highly Confidential – Personal Information

An independent disciplinary investigation by Wiltshire Police
Following the suspension of Chief Officer Graham Power of the
States of Jersey Police on 12 November 2008.

Obligation to confidentiality

1. Paragraph 1.2 of the discipline code (for Chief Officers of the States of Jersey Police) requires that all parties involved in the operation of this code will maintain confidentiality while proceedings are being progressed. The outcome of any particular case arising under the code will not, as a general rule, be publicised, but it is accepted that following the outcome of a particular case, the Home Affairs Minister and/or the States Employment Board and /or the Chief Officer, might decide that public disclosure is appropriate.

2. This Report contains personal data within the meaning of the Data Protection Act 1998, and Wiltshire Police would breach the first data protection principle if it were to disclose that information. Hence, the information is exempt under s.40(2) Freedom of Information Act 2000

3. This Report contains information that has been, and continues to be, held by Wiltshire Police for the purposes of an investigation which it has a duty to conduct and which ought not to be disclosed (under s.30 Freedom of Information Act 2000).

4. An obligation of confidence upon Wiltshire Police arises from the duty outlined at 1. Above, and disclosure of information would be likely to prejudice relations between the United Kingdom and Jersey. Information, therefore, ought not to be disclosed (under s.27 Freedom of Information Act.

Senator Le Marquand gave his version of the report to the media and who gave it to BDO? There has been some serious law breaking going on here. Lenny why don't you make a complaint to the new police chief Mike Bowron. It could turn out also that the MSM have broken the law by reporting from your statement to the Wiltshire police.

Anonymous said...

My jaw has just hit the floor.

4.4.1 Q. ''Were these 2 Gentlemen interviewed?''

P Ozouf A. No, ''and I do not believe it was relevant''



Why even now are BDO Alto Ltd sending Lenny Harpers email to the Home Affairs for them to consider and respond.

If BDO Alto are independant surely the reply should be based on that independance?

voiceforchildren said...

Rico.

I have been "reliably" informed that "Subsistence" means "dis-comfort" money. So Wiltshire Police in their "discredited" investigation into former CPO Graham Power QPM were paid a total of £39,100 for having the "dis-comfort" of staying in a hotel in Jersey compiling a disciplinary report that brought no disciplinary action.

They also spent £11,400 on "other costs" why isn't anybody asking "what the hell does OTHER COSTS mean?"

Mr. Harper spends less than £7,000 in about 7 months and he's accused of living the lifestyle of the rich and famous by our "discredited" media.

Wiltshire Police spend over £50,000 for having the "dis-comfort" of being put up in a Jersey hotel and "other things". If ever there was a case for an investigation into the investigation then here it is.

Although I wouldn't suggest getting BDO/Alto to do the investigation. There's an argument to be had that they themselves should be investigated after what you have published on here.

Anonymous said...

Lenny, make a complaint to Mike Bowron please, let's see how politicized he is or isn't.

Anonymous said...

Lenny, don't bother going to the Jersey Data Protection Commissioner look at the Sean Power and Stuart Syvret cases. Go to Bowron we have to see where his allegiances lie. We know where the DPC's lie.

Anonymous said...

If Lenny wasn't asked any questions about his expenditure by Wiltshire how can BDO/ALTO be quoting from something that doesn't exist?

rico sorda said...

I have just found this from July 2010. It is a question asked by Deputy Tadier about the BDO Report

Did PPC have a look at it?

3.6 Deputy M. Tadier of St. Brelade of the Minister for Home Affairs regarding an independent inquiry into the financial probity of the Haut de la Garenne Inquiry:

Will the Minister inform Members why and when he commissioned an independent inquiry into the financial probity of the Haut de la Garenne inquiry, how much it has cost, where the funding has come from and when the report will be presented to the States?

Senator B.I. Le Marquand (The Minister for Home Affairs):

A report was first approved by my predecessor and I reaffirmed the decision that such a report was necessary because there was some evidence of serious financial mismanagement. It is desirable that such matters be looked at by accountants in addition to being looked at, as they have been, as part of certain disciplinary matters. The ambit of the matters are also wider than purely disciplinary matters because they also look at the role of the Home Affairs Department as well as the role of the police in relation to financial management of Operation Rectangle. It has cost £64,000 and has been paid, so I am told, out of P.91/2008 historical abuse inquiry and P.83/2009 which was in Article 11(8). These are matters which clearly arise out of the historical abuse inquiry because they are matters of inquiry in relation to serious financial mismanagement relating to those inquiries. The redacted report will go to the P.A.C. (Public Accounts Committee) as soon as I can get a redacted version of the report, and I hope to include it in briefings on disciplinary matters which I hope to hold shortly.

3.6.1 Deputy M. Tadier:

The Minister seems to have answered the £64,000 question. Could he explain what he means by the redacted version, what the redaction will entail and will the P.A.C. be able to see the unredacted and redacted versions if necessary?

Senator B.I. Le Marquand:
The purpose of redaction in relation to reports is to remove information relating to the names of individuals, they might be individual witnesses, they might be individuals who are implicated in some way and who are not public facing. This is a standard process. I am led to believe the normal process in relation to such matters is to first provide a redacted version and then to seek undertakings of confidentiality from a committee when they can then have the full version.

3.6.2 The Deputy of St. Martin
:
I would be interested to know really why it has taken so long for this particular report ... I know of course £64,000, but can the Minister explain why it has taken so long for that report to be produced and indeed go to P.A.C. because quite clearly once it has gone to P.A.C. there will be an understandable delay in their scrutiny of it, so could the Minister say why? Also really is it not a fact that it is the Chief Officer of the Home Affairs Department that has responsibility for the overall financing of the police budget and not the Police Chief Officer, so maybe the wrong person has been suspended?

Senator B.I. Le Marquand:

I do not know why it has taken so long. I received a draft version of this quite a long time ago. The final document is a shorter document, more punchy, more direct, with less detail. I simply do not know. These reports do seem to take a very long time to produce. I am able to confirm that the Accounting Officer, both for the States of Jersey Police and for other aspects of Home Affairs matters, is the Chief Officer of Home Affairs and not the Chief Officer of Police. There are comments made in various reports as to whether that is appropriate but that is the current position.

Anonymous said...

They did not quote about finance but about procedures for investigating major crime and other operational matters! Bizarre!!!

Anonymous said...

"The redacted report will go to the P.A.C. (Public Accounts Committee) as soon as I can get a redacted version of the report, and I hope to include it in briefings on disciplinary matters which I hope to hold shortly."

If I am reading this correctly then the PAC have - or should have - scrutinized the BDO/ALTO report? Have I read it correctly?

Anonymous said...

Have you sent a copy of this blog to all states members because I would if i knew how.

rico sorda said...

So far the price for these reports are as follows. This is taken from Hansard on the 19th July from a question asked by Deputy Pitman

The total costs in relation to the first Wiltshire reports are £572,532. In relation to Operation Blast the figure has now gone up to £295,708. The cost of cover for the absence of the Chief Officer of Police are £234,854, up until tomorrow the final date. In addition to that there are the costs of the BDO Alto accountant’s report of £64,000.

And from that we have Senator ILM dropping all disciplinary proceedings leaving Operation Haven/Blast plus £868,240 redundant. Then we have the BDO report costing £64,000 that's not worth the paper it's written on.

People had better start taking notice at how incompetent thing have become

rs

Astonished said...

This is clearly corruption of the highest order and should be reported to your new Chief of Police.

Anonymous said...

The figures quoted by you Rico in my opinon has been used towards covering up a cover up.

rico sorda said...

I have emailed Senators Shenton & Breckon from P.A.C to find out what happened about their scrutiny of the BDO report.

Dear Senators

I have been investigating the BDO Alto report into the Financial Management of the Historical Child Abuse Investigation. I came across this exchange from Hansard that I reproduce below. I cant find any link to the report or your findings on the P.A.C home page.

I have uncovered a whole host of problems with this report and urgently need to cross reference them with your findings.

You can read my post by clicking on here http://ricosorda.blogspot.com/ and reading the BDO posts 1 to 4

Kind Regards

Rico Sorda

voiceforchildren said...

Rico.

With all this tripe that our "discredited" media have been churning out on behalf of our "ruling elite" they have been trying to discredit Lenny Harper and Graham Power over the expenses of "Operation Rectangle."

Thankfully the "discredited" media have been "discredited" AGAIN and are shown to be, at best, woefully amateur and at worst complicit in possibly the worst cover-up in history, and won awards for it!!

To further prove this we have we have a little gem from the Home Affairs Minister Senator Ian Le Marquand who says.

"I am able to confirm that the Accounting Officer, both for the States of Jersey Police and for other aspects of Home Affairs matters, is the Chief Officer of Home Affairs and not the Chief Officer of Police."

So one would suggest that Steven Austin Vautier is not only responsible for the expenditure of Operation Rectangle, but "Operation Haven(s)" (the discredited Wiltshire Reports) and now the discredited BDO/Alto Report. Funny how he hasn't been subjected to the same media treatment as Lenny Harper and Graham Power?

If the "discredited" media should be looking for a headline may I suggest "Steve Austin (Vautier) The Six Million dollar invisible man?"

Anonymous said...

It's simply stunning that none of this is mentioned in our 'accredited' media!
What a shambles this island is.

Anonymous said...

Just when it seems you have posted the most shocking evidence of corruption yet, you surpass that with more evidence. Stuart Syvret's latest blog posting has it right. You and Jersey's intrepid bloggers are the island's own "Woodward and Bernstein" of Washington Post Watergate era fame. Might be time for all Jersey residents to read "All the President's Men," just to see what's coming. VERY well done, Sir.

Anonymous said...

What can the accredited media report that won't make themselves look stupid?

Anonymous said...

BDO was approved because of concerns of serious financial mismanagement to Independently investigate the conduct of a very senior civil servant.

Without discussing with that civil servant BDO Alto missed an opportunity that a civil servant could of also provided information with regards serious financial mismanagement with respect to the States of Jersey Police Accounting officer.

Was this the intention? It does not appear BDO Alto Independent reporting concerns, were with serious financial mismanagement.

GeeGee said...

Laugh or cry - what do we do?

Both I think.

Laugh at the corrupt, incompetent fiasco we see unfolding before us, almost on a daily basis with those responsible not even capable of holding a p*ss up in a brewery, let alone be part of a 'government'.

And cry, no weep, for those who have suffered at the hands of these very people wo have been trying to cover-up the disasters and malfeasances we are all aware of. Weep for the victims, from the Child Abuse survivors to Stuart, Lenny and Graham and others.

It stinks.

Anonymous said...

The MSM can't start mentioning the truth about this without being shown up for the balderdash they've already pumped out - or more to the point - what they haven't pumped out. The MSM have made their bed and are now forced to lie in it for fear of being humiliated for their lack of reporting on it in the first place. The cover up carries on - there is no choice - as far as the MSM are concerned.

Anonymous said...

Future books and international press exposes will repeatedly analyze the myriad causes of this sorry state of failed governance in Jersey and bring about a repeat of the sensational media frenzy over HDLG. No doubt the child abuse investigation will have to be reopened with safeguards for investigative independence.

The obvious questions about the role of the mainstream media will be primarily directed toward the BBC, and perhaps the CTV, not bothering much with the comical JEP. The BBC will be shamed over this, because of their failure to even respond to the numerous requests for them to provide relevant coverage of these matters. This will come back to haunt them for years. I know because I have contacted them at many levels.

Anonymous said...

Clearly there is evidence of criminality with BDO Alto getting hold of Lenny's statement to the Wiltshire police and Lenny should report this to Mike Bowron.

Anonymous said...

http://www.jerseyfsc.org/the_commission/general_information/public_statements/MrRichardArthur.asp

Ex-Senator Stuart Syvret said...

Rico & VFC

Some months ago - before Christmas - I asked a person with very senior policing experience for some advice in respect of basic precautions I should take for my personal safety.

You both might want to do the same.

Be under no illusions about the gravity of these maters - nor the stakes.

We have exposed - on a detailed, evidenced basis - the Jersey oligarchy for the criminal regime that it is.

And there's more to come.

As I've often observed on my blog - the people responsible for this criminal enterprise know - perfectly well - that what they're fighting for now is not just some hick-town short-term corrupt political triumph, that will enable them to carry on with the protection rackets for a few more years.

This time - they're fighting for their very liberty.

Lose - and they go to jail.

When The Big Clean Up finally arrives.

They know who they are.

They know this is the End-Game.

Some weeks ago, I made contact with a former States member - a retired person. And no - I'm not going to say who, other than to say, not one of the crooks. I contacted them because I know they are the kind of person that will be listened to by certain traditional, establishment types.

I contacted them - I suppose out of a sense of symbolism. My message to them was brief and simple:

It is over.

That short, simple telephone call was the Jersey oligarchy's last chance of salvaging anything. Is there even one wise head amongst them?

In the mean-time - our work continues - and the storm gathers.

And I certainly agree with the comments above - Lenny & Graham most certainly should write detailed, formal complaints to Mike Bowron.

As we have proven - all the rest of Jersey officialdom is corrupted - especially the Law Officers Department.

Comes the time for Mr. Bowron to chose which side he is on.

And time for the rest of the community to see.

Stuart

Anonymous said...

Perhaps the loss of BBC local news, will ensure even more of the public will look for the truth via the various blogs, as we all know you can find more truth on the internet than the MSM, such as via WikiLeaks and more currently Twitter.

If you want the truth, ignore JEP, trust the blogs.

Anonymous said...

Do you Jersey bloggers even know how big this story really is????? Fantastic work!

moral-rightness said...

I find this unbelievable, the Deputy of St. Martin, who asks a question on behalf of the people who elected him to represent them in the States of Jersey, yet the person who is hoping to be the next Chief Minister, goes off on one! In a failed attempt to deflect the question, in fact in an appalling attempt to not answer a question again (Ozouf adding costs to question time).

However, thankfully, the Deputy of St. Martin does not forget why he is a States Member and quite rightly so, asks the pertinent question again.

4.4.1 The Deputy of St. Martin:
I ask the question I asked be answered: were these 2 gentlemen interviewed?


Senator P.F.C. Ozouf:

NO,

and I do not believe it was relevant. Blah, blah, blah, blah, time wasting, blah, blah, increase cost of question time, blah, blah, use up time to cut down on further questions, blah, blah, blah...

In reply all Mr Ozouf had to say was NO, but he had to waffle on about his unsolicited opinion, more non factual opinion, wants closure on what was a simple question of fact, more opinion of attacking people, whereas, anyone with an ounce of brain matter, will not have heard the Deputy of St. Martin attacking anyone in his question.

So Ozouf answers the question with the one word that was required, but deems it necessary to add another seventy time wasting useless words.

This from a man who wants to be the next CM, who breaks promises and adds cost to question time!!!

Anonymous said...

Rico

Do you know what has happened to The Jersey Way, it has not updated any States questions sinec early April, I miss the updates.

Ex-Senator Stuart Syvret said...

Just take my word for it, for now - it's even bigger than that.

Stuart

rico sorda said...

We do what we do because we care. The Child Abuse Scandal has exposed everything that is rotten about our beautiful Island. The toxic cancer runs through everything. From Child Abuse, Toxic Dumping, Incinerator, Land Rezoning , Waterfront etc etc it runs through everything. People are seriously struggling on this affluent Island. We have a Council of Ministers who are not fit for purpose, we have 53 states members with the vast majority not fit for purpose ,they bow and stamp there feet in blind faith of the ruling elite who you would not have running a corner shop. It must be said that the vast majority of Islanders don't really care and why should they we have had it good for so long they believe we will always have it good. Times are changing and we make our own luck. I want Truth, Honesty and Integrity yes we will never live in a perfect Island but this one needs cleaning up fast. We need new people with real social and moral values to take us forward. I will just carry on doing what I do.

Again I must thank everyone who supports the Blogs and the Voice.

Truth Honesty and a Bulletproof Vest

RS

rico sorda said...

And why did they need BDO read below

Abuses of office and democracy

July 15, 2010 – 3:00 pm


YESTERDAY’S revelations concerning the lack of supervision in the Haut de la Garenne abuse inquiry which emerged with the publication of the Wiltshire Constabulary reports on the handling of the case were both shocking and astonishing.

However, related documents which have also been made public tell additional stories of profligacy and then of disturbing misconduct in an area unrelated to Haut de la Garenne which simply beggar belief.

It is now apparent that as well as hopelessly botching the largest police inquiry that this Island has ever seen, the former deputy chief of the States force, Lenny Harper, had a taste for the high life which cost taxpayers inordinately large amounts of money. It seems that Mr Harper thought that entertaining himself and others lavishly at some of London’s best restaurants was in some mysterious way an integral part of the investigation.

This largesse was in itself highly questionable, but as independent consultants BDO Alto have reported, it was further tainted by dubious practices. The consultants say that efforts were made to ‘disguise the total quantum of individual meal costs’. They also point out that, in contravention of force rules, no record was kept of who actually attended what were ostensibly business dinners.

No one has been accused of fraud, but BDO Alto do not mince their words in saying that these practices were entirely unacceptable. In addition, what happened troubled some of the officers present to such an extent that they were later at pains to express their own concern that bills were split to camouflage exactly what had been spent and about the limited amount of business conducted at the dinners.

That large amounts of public money were squandered in an inquiry which, ultimately, proved not to involve child deaths and has led to a mere handful of prosecutions is guaranteed to rankle, but matters of even greater importance are addressed in the independent report on Operation Blast.

Blast was the secret compilation of police dossiers on States Members, an undertaking which, it has emerged, was the initiative of police chief Graham Power, even though he had been instructed not to engage in such activity. His decision to disregard that political directive has, as Home Affairs Minister Ian Le Marquand points out, frightening implications.

Mr Power might merely have blundered into the world of secret dossiers without considering the police-state character of his action. Nevertheless, the episode provides further evidence that the top echelons of the force were making their own rules and, through lack of a much-needed police authority and the weak political leadership of Senator Le Marquand’s predecessor, former Senator Wendy Kinnard, were operating beyond democratic control. We must be grateful that this almost incredible situation has been exposed, and vigilant in ensuring that it can never happen again.

Article posted on 15th July, 2010 - 3.00pm

Anonymous said...

And yes, a bulletproof vest. I have long worried that only evidence of obvious international support and publicity could protect Stuart, and the same is now probably true for you, Rico.

I must agree with Stuart about the size of this story, and add that the reporters of Watergate fame had little idea how important their old fashioned "shoe leather" investigative efforts really were, at the time. It is unimaginable that well connected international authors will not run with this story all the way to the other off-shore banks, based on the efforts of you Jersey bloggers. Your work is extraordinary even by professional journalistic standards, and that may be more obvious to those of us outside Jersey.

Rico, you and Stuart will need to network with organizations around the world to protect yourselves from physical harm, through information sharing and publicity. What Stuart has done by making sure his files were protected in multiple places negates most benefit the potentially implicated elite would find in harming him. You must do the same. That may be your best insurance. It must be made clear to all that harming you would result in the damning glare of a certain spotlight on Jersey corruption.

Keep blogging, but stay safe. You are helping to rewrite history of democracy in the Channel Islands.

Anonymous said...

[This largesse was in itself highly questionable, but as independent consultants BDO Alto have reported, it was further tainted by dubious practices. The consultants say that efforts were made to ‘disguise the total quantum of individual meal costs’. They also point out that, in contravention of force rules, no record was kept of who actually attended what were ostensibly business dinners.]

Oh yes, so independent, that they write in reply to Mr Harper:

I have forwarded your email to the Home Affairs Department of the States of Jersey for their consideration and response to you. This firm was engaged by and reported to the Home Affairs Minister.

Anonymous said...

Was that article published in the JEP, Rico? It would be interesting to see examples of the worst of the BBC coverage, because that would be the prime area of associated media scandal. There has not been much pretense of ethical journalism at the JEP, and it would be surprising if JEP employees were not already bracing for humiliation. The BBC, however, will have much more to lose even at the National level.

Anonymous said...

"If you want the truth, ignore JEP, trust the blogs."

Yeah, or you could just read the JEP and believe the opposite if that article Rico posted from July 2010 is any reflection ;)

Ian Evans said...

ANOTHER JERSEY PAEDO SPARED PRISON!

Anonymous said...

Let us hope that:

Chapman, Moore, Napier, Corbin and many others who have been taking our honestly earned Jersey tax payers money, to go along with the Establishments dishonesty.

When convicted.

Will have to pay back the hundreds of thousands of pounds.

They rightly owe us!?

rico sorda said...

That was a JEP editorial. I think the MSM are up the creek how can they possibly report this stuff without looking totally stupid.

rs

Anonymous said...

http://www.bdointernational.com/BDOGCO/website/BDOGCO/website.nsf/e6a663340bc8c0e88025699b005cb8f2/e79e90a71a809a4580257641005bab79?OpenDocument

Anonymous said...

How blatant is the propaganda in that JEP Editorial in the face of all the evidence you have produced on here? Has that comic got no shame?

Anonymous said...

Have you had a reply yet from Senators Shenton and Breckon of PAC?

Anonymous said...

Lenny

To your knowledge, did BDO make any attempt to contact you during the preparation of their report? Were you readily contactable during the period in which the report was being prepared?

If the answers are no and yes in that order, then their response to you in which they note that the report states that they "did not have an opportunity to discuss a draft of the report with you" may itself be grounds for a complaint to their professional body.

This is the form of words one might use where a person is unavailable or unwilling to answer questions or provide clarifications - i.e. where you have tried and failed.

If they did not even try to contact you - either because they couldn't be arsed, or because their TOR forbade it - then the wording is not only factually incorrect, but arguably misleading.

Anonymous said...

BDO made absolutely no attempt to contact me. I was contactable - Wiltshire had no problem, neither had the States of Jersey Police or the chief minister when they refused the several complaints I made. The States also have all of my contact details. Lenny Harper

Ian Evans said...

PLEASE FORWARD THIS - THANK YOU

rico sorda said...

"Have you had a reply yet from Senators Shenton and Breckon of PAC?"

So far no news.

rs

rico sorda said...

By Andy Sibcy

Celebrity lifestyle of Lenny Harper

FORMER deputy police chief Lenny Harper and a tight-knit group of his officers lived a celebrity lifestyle dining at top restaurants and travelling first class at taxpayers’ expense during the Haut de la Garenne inquiry, independent inquiries have revealed.
Not only did they repeatedly break clear expenses rules, but they tried to hide their excessive spending by splitting bills between several States credit cards.

Some of the most expensive hospitality was lavished on very senior UK policemen from the Association of Chief Police Officers who came to Jersey to oversee Mr Harper’s work and a News of the World journalist.

• Find out how much was paid for the wining and dining and other expenses during the inquiry in today’s Jersey Evening Post.

Article posted on 15th July, 2010 - 3.00pm

If only Andy Sibcy had taken a look at the report or maybe he did?

Why didn't BDO contact Lenny Harper?

rs

Anonymous said...

andy sibcy's name may be on the article who's to say he did not receive press release from States of Jersey PR?

voiceforchildren said...

Rico.

"Why didn't BDO contact Lenny Harper?" Well why didn't Andy Sibcy contact Lenny Harper. Wasn't it Chris Bright and Rob Shipley that were bleating on how the "accredited" only publish "balanced" stories etc?

For the price of a phone-call Andy Sibcy could have got an in-depth "balanced" story instead of just quoting from a ridiculously flawed report and brought even more shame on his "news"paper.

"Accreditation"? you're having a bl--dy laugh!

Anonymous said...

Andy Sibcy wasn't interested in Lenny Harper's response to BDO/ALTO

Anonymous said...

The Deputy of St. Martin made a number of allegations and they were not upheld but unfortunately he continues on this line of questioning in relation to various matters in relation to this.

Rico, is Senator Ozouf referring to a public report when he states that the allegations were not upheld. Are we able to read the findings on the states website?

rico sorda said...

I would like to take my readers back to November 2008. When Graham Power was suspended, our ruling elite with the help of David Warcop used the Met Interim Report.

3.5 The Deputy of St. Mary:

The interim report of the Metropolitan Police, which arrived on the then Deputy Chief Officer of Police’s desk on 10th November 2008, draws the attention of the reader to the interim nature of the report, to the fact that it is concerned to highlight initial findings and areas of concern and that key individuals have yet to be interviewed. It expressly states that: “Any observations in this report may be subject to amendment.” Can the Minister give us his view on the fact that the then Deputy Chief Officer of Police referred to that report, relied on it in his letter to the Chief Executive and yet omitted any mention of the fact that the report was extremely qualified, only interim and had not yet been completed?

Senator B.I. Le Marquand:

It is my understanding that the then Deputy Chief Officer of Police’s understanding was that there was only one further witness to be interviewed in relation to the matter before the full report was produced. It is correct that the report was qualified and, indeed, in his letter that was written to the Chief Executive of the States, he indicated that it was an interim report but he did not set out the details of the qualifications."


Now guess who ILM is referring to when he says that there was one more witness that needs interviewing

YUP


Lenny Harper


They Met interviewed Lenny after our lot has suspended Graham Power. The whole thing is a complete sham.

Next up will be the " COMMITTEE OF NO ENQIRY"

rs

Anonymous said...

He was not telling the truth about that either. The ACPO review team had not yet been interviewed. Neither Andre Baker nor Lenny Harper were interviewed by the time the so called interim review had been quoted by Warcup.

Anonymous said...

Is this the worst CHILD ABUSE COVER UP IN HISTORY?

MONEY = POWER = THE JERSEY WAY

Anonymous said...

The Jep editorial

However, related documents which have also been made public tell additional stories of profligacy and then of disturbing misconduct in an area unrelated to Haut de la Garenne which simply beggar belief.

The only thing that beggars belief is the bozo that wrote that pile of cow dung.

Anonymous said...

4.4.1 The Deputy of St. Martin:
I ask the question I asked be answered: were these 2 gentlemen interviewed?

Senator P.F.C. Ozouf:
No, and I do not believe it was relevant. The independent review was made. But they are not relevant,

You can see why he stands shoulder to shoulder with the Home Affairs Minister & the Chief Minister They are all in the club together. Protect the power base at all costs. Deny and move on.

M-R in the comment above has it spot on

voiceforchildren said...

Anonymous said...
The Deputy of St. Martin made a number of allegations and they were not upheld but unfortunately he continues on this line of questioning in relation to various matters in relation to this.

Rico, is Senator Ozouf referring to a public report when he states that the allegations were not upheld. Are we able to read the findings on the states website?

No you are not able to read the findings on the States Website to the best of my knowledge. However, I hope to have a posting up later today where much more will be revealed.

Anonymous said...

I blame the standard of the Jersey Government for the current mess. They should have got up walked out and demanded change.

voiceforchildren said...

Rico.

Interview with Deputy Bob Hill concerning his SERIOUS COMPLAINT

Ian Evans said...

HONORARY ABUSE OF THE SYSTEM

rico sorda said...

There are moments when I just step back and ask myself what the fu*k is going on over here. It's a shambles from top to bottom. We are exposing these corrupt cretins for fun. The most shocking point for me is how easy it is. I sometimes work a 6 day week, have a social life plus any free time after that is given over to research and blogging. Now, could you imagine being a journalist full time. There is enough going on over here to keep the front pages going for years but yet we get nothing. There are times when I feel like jacking it in, when these moments come along I draw inspiration from places I have visited or books. At the moment im reading a book by Roma Ligocka called "The Girl in the Red Coat" its about courage and survival I must say inspires me when im a bit pooped.

The Chief Minister had an independent report done into the Jon Richardson for nobbling the Napier TOR.

What we get back from Sen Ozouf is complete and utter Boll*cks there is no other way of putting it. Garbage utter garbage yet the loons in the states stamp their feet in rabid blind allegiance and let this junk pass as government.

Ozouf

Le Suer

Le Marquand

They are through and through establishment. The don't give a damn about abuse survivors, never have and never will. Then we have the old dinosaur Le Main who delivered a Liberation day speech full of utter Sh*te, democracy here democracy there yet votes against all the discrimination propositions and buggers off home on the Carswell debate.

Apart from the sun & beach its a stormy looking future

Sleep well

rs

rico sorda said...

Still nothing back from Shenton or Breckon concerning BDO & PAC & I mean nothing

rs

Anonymous said...

How will the Home Affairs Dept deal with BDO Alto Limited's, receipt and forwarding of Lenny Harpers email to them, with regards Home Affairs reply?.

Do they ignore it hoping it goes away? Or do they respond to Lenny Harper themselves admitting report was never independent nor a true state of affairs, Or will BDO themselves respond to Mr. Harper passing a States of Jersey approved reply as their independent reply? How does this work?

Again public led to believe through media and Senator Ozouf that independent reviews are independent. They are not.

Mr Ozouf answers BDO Alto carried out a satisfactory independent review. Well, Satisfactory to Mr. Ozouf, given his answer to Deputy Hill. Not forgetting a previous ''I remain shoulder to shoulder with the Minister for home affairs and the Chief Minister in relation to all the other issues, which have been debated in this assembly''

Satisfactory independent review is what Mr. Ozouf states. Our next Chief Minister?

rico sorda said...

Hi Anon
|
"Mr Ozouf answers BDO Alto carried out a satisfactory independent review. Well, Satisfactory to Mr. Ozouf, given his answer to Deputy Hill. Not forgetting a previous ''I remain shoulder to shoulder with the Minister for home affairs and the Chief Minister in relation to all the other issues, which have been debated in this assembly''

This was done in relation to Jon Richardson nobbling the TOR on the Napier Report. You can read about it in the latest VFC posting.

I will be blogging again on thursday with the latest.

"Again public led to believe through media and Senator Ozouf that independent reviews are independent. They are not.'

Bang on



rs

Anonymous said...

If you still haven't heard back from breckon or shenton make a complaint to ppc. It's scandalous for them to ignore these concerns.

Anonymous said...

If the JEP won't touch the story how about bringing it to the attention of the local rag in Wiltshire's patch?

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/

voiceforchildren said...

Rico.

I e-mailed Jon Gripton (Editor BBC Jersey) two days ago with a link to this Blog-posting and asked him if the BBC consider anything on here to be of "public interest" or "newsworthy"........like I said that was two days ago. So it might be safe to assume that the BBC have got much more important "news" to report and see nothing of public interest.

That's frightening, I expect it from CTV and the JEP, well to be honest I do expect it from the BBC but it's just that much harder to accept that we have absolutely no independent media over here and I grew up trusting the BBC.

Anonymous said...

VFC

You might try emailing BBC higher up the food chain, although I have tried myself without much response. The best people to contact might be the reporters who covered the original excavation story a few years back and who spoke sympathetically with the survivors. That might be a follow up story for them. No Jersey MSM will touch this. Good luck. One big National MSM story could break this out and you and Rico have done all their leg work for them.

voiceforchildren said...

Jon Gripton, in my opinion, is paid from the neck down. That is to say, he gets his orders from the top and the BBC have got a very poor record when it comes to reporting on anything too deep when it comes to Child Abuse. Ask Robert Green among others.

Jill Gracia said...

Private Eye - they took Stuart's story on and build their publication around political scandal/ineptitude.

Worth a try - nothing to lose.

Anonymous said...

Always copy your emails to local MSM to outside reporters, and others who should be informed, including States members. It makes a difference if the Jersey hacks know they will be exposed for failure to report or act on anything of real significance. The local MSM will be held to account in the future published records of this disturbing scandal, and you can help that process along with each bit of documented correspondence with them.

Anonymous said...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-13557897

Mention from Paul Stephens ''Met officers had previously been involved with inquiries in the Soham murders and alleged child abuse in Jersey''

Anonymous said...

Its sad isnt it, that we have to admit that the only way that the truth is ever going to get to the wider public, is if the local media report it.Its time to produce eye catching posters highlighting the corruption, and distribute them around the island. Im deadly serious.