Wednesday, May 25, 2011

HOLLYWOOD HARPER??? BDO Alto .5




Lenny Harper






BDO Alto 5




Lenny Harper replies 




Im asking the readers of my Blog a simple question are our Ruling Elite 



A. Corrupt


B. Incompetent 


C. Both 




Researching these Blogs sometimes leaves me feeling very depressed. I can fully understand where Stuart Syvret is coming from. 



I emailed the Chair and Deputy Chair of PAC  asking about their Scrutiny of the BDO Report im still  awaiting acknowledgment of the email let alone an answer.




We now know that the independent review  undertaken by BDO is a total sham. We also know that there is now a bit of panic going on between Wiltshire, BDO and the Home Affairs dept. ILM & SAV have dived for cover and are currently unavailable, BDO responded with something that was worse than their report, Wiltshire are flapping and trying to find answers as they seem to get the seriousness of the situation. Someone gave Lenny Harpers confidential Wiltshire Statement to BDO.



A. Wiltshire


B. Home Affairs




When I started these BDO blogs it was meant to  be about the shock of a £64,000 report that hadn't involved the two main players Lenny Harper & Graham Power. When I started reading the report I soon realized that they were quoting Lenny's Wiltshire  statement  things then snowballed. I will be publishing LH's reply. Why BDO or the MSM couldn't have done the same only ILM knows.



 Yet look at what has happened to Deputy Hills complaint. This can be read here



VFC SERIOUS COMPLAINT




Its just the same garbage from this out of control ruling elite



Or Deputy T Pitman trying to get a report into 1.1ks 


1.1K SECRET REPORT




This just cant carry on. 




This Corruption does not just lay at the Door Of Child Abuse it runs through everything.



Why doesn't a politician ask the following questions



 A. What is the Criminal Confiscation Fund


B. How much money is currently held in it


C. Who controls the CCF


D. Can we have a Financial Audit of the las 5 years


E. And can it please be used for the " Committee of No ENQUIRY"



 


This is just a short posting. I will keep you posted with any updates I get. 




TRUTH HONESTY & INTEGRITY



Rico Sorda






Lenny Harper



Just two days ago, on the 9th May 2011 I became aware for the very first time of the existence of a group called BDO Alto Ltd.  I also learnt that they had carried out a review of the manner in which I had utilised resources in the Jersey Historic Abuse Enquiry.  This all came as something of a surprise as despite being the Senior Investigating Officer of the enquiry, BDO had never made any attempt to ask me anything at all about the enquiry and the decisions I had made in respect of the use of resources.  It did not take me any longer than the first page to realise that their report was full of factual errors and assumptions which they had wrongly arrived at, either intentionally or otherwise, because of their failure to speak to me, and I believe, the former Chief Officer of the force, Graham Power QPM.  Below, I draw attention to some of the most obvious flaws in the report which I believe cost the States in excess of £60,000.  I should emphasise that there are so many wrong assumptions and factual inaccuracies that I have restricted myself to pointing out a representative sample of them.


The report is flawed from the outset when it makes light of the process which led to the search of HDLG.  It rightly states that there was no initial intention to excavate the building, but then states "for some reason this changed."  The reasons have been well documented. The BDO report states that where the dog barked, we dug.  It deliberately ignores the evidence of the Operation Rectangle Summary Report, (available on the SOJP website before Mr Warcup removed it) which describes all the technical and scientific aids and methods which were used to corroborate the reactions of the dogs.  The report also ignores the evidence available to us from builders who found bones they believed to be human and who were told to "let bygones be bygones."  It follows also, that BDO make no mention of the inconsistencies in the handling of the bones by the local Pathologist.  All in all, BDO seem to deliberately play down the evidence for the operation.

 

The report quotes the now discredited Met  review as saying that "the search was not justified."  There seems to be shades of the now widely criticised Warcup and Gradwell press conference here.  However, Wiltshire in their report endorsed the entry and search.  The BDO conclusion that considerable elements of the investigation costs were therefore questionable seems highly debatable to say the least, relying as they do on the Met report.

 

In talking about JAR/6 BDO state that the item had not been lab tested or subjected to peer review.  This ignores the fact that the identification was made by a renowned and respected anthropologist.  It goes on to peddle the myth that a scientist from the Carbon Dating Lab in Oxford identified the item as wood or coconut.  This, as we know, is rubbish.  Firstly nobody at that lab was qualified to say what it was - their expertise is in dating, and they made a hash of that, and secondly, no one ever said what it was.  I have e mail evidence which shows them saying clearly that to be sure as to what it was, it would need to be examined by experts.  How come BDO never picked that up?  Could it be because they never spoke to me?  There is no mention either of the collagen found which directly contradicts the coconut and wood theory. One has to ask, why did BDO not pick up the e mails which show the lab as struggling to explain the collagen.  If they had spoken to me I would have given them copies.

 

On page 10 the report states that an NPIA(National Policing Improvement Agency) review criticised my strategy.  This is very odd because it was the NPIA who developed the strategy (and I have a copy of the letter they sent me outlining it).  Furthermore, they were present at the meeting in Oxford where the operation was first discussed and advice sought from them.  They were also present throughout the excavation at HDLG, and described the operation as an example of good practice.  Strangely though, in mentioning those present at the Oxford meeting, this BDOI report does not mention the NPIA as being present.  It is nonsense to suggest they would criticise their own strategy.  One has to ask why the report has ignored the NPIA presence at the Oxford meeting where the decision to enter HDLG was taken and why there is no mention that the NPIA devised the strategy.  It is puzzling in the least as to why BDO should claim that the NPIA reviewed and criticised their own strategy.  Did they deliberately try and muddy the water or  did they mistakenly enter NPIA when they were really talking about the mysterious Met report which the Napier report concluded had been used in a misleading fashion by David Warcup. Either way, it is a damning indictment of their ability and credibility.

The BDO report totally misunderstands and misrepresents the situation of the SOJP as it was then in relation to the management of its budget.  The report compares the management of the police budget unfavourably with UK forces and rather misleadingly equates (supposed) operational independence with the financial decision making ability of UK forces.  In reality, unlike UK forces, we did not have the ability to track our budgets as they do in the UK.  Where the UK forces had in house finance departments which reported to the Chief Officer, we had an ever diminishing number of Treasury personnel who nominally worked with us but reported to the Treasury.  We had to rely on them for monthly bulletins as to how we were doing.  These bulletins became a joke so inaccurate were they and we came to realise eventually that the inaccuracies were deliberate.  We monitored our own expenditure and towards the end of one year we knew we were well under-spent, with a surplus that we had been promised we could carry over to the next year.  However, the Treasury insisted we were slightly overspent.  We later found that we had been correct but our surplus had been passed on to other States departments which were heavily over-spent.  Wiser the following years we ignored the Centre’s protestations that we were over spent and indeed they were wrong and we came within budget.  This was the context that we found ourselves in at the beginning of the Abuse enquiry.  Graham Power continually pleaded for us to be given a budget to work to but was refused.  The instruction by Frank Walker to use whatever resources we needed was not misunderstood.  It was a clear direction.  BDO seem to infer that it was not really an instruction to use whatever we needed.  However, they have ignored the fact that when I did speak publicly about the need to be mindful of the costs of the enquiry, I received a stinging rebuke from Bill Ogley on behalf of Frank Walker in which he said “costs are irrelevant.  I have a copy of that e mail and if BDO had bothered to try to contact me I would have let them have it.

All of this puts the comments by Steven Austen Vaughtier in a light which does him no credit.  According to BDO SAV speaks of the lack of financial control and governance at the SOJP.  How he equates this with the fact that our savings were used to bail out other Home Affairs departments is puzzling.  It also ignores the reality that he was kept fully up to date with what was happening and totally supported what we were doing.  I had several meetings with him and Elizabeth Middleton during which I went through all our expenditure, explaining the efforts to keep costs of accommodation etc to a minimum, all of which he applauded.  I wonder if BDO made any attempt to contact hotels such as the Hotel de France and L’Horizon which gave us bargain basement rates as it was out of season and we were guaranteed regular custom?  I suspect not.

SAV claims that I was asked for detailed estimates of costs and BDO state that this is contrary to what I said in my statement to Wiltshire.  There are a number of points here.  Firstly, how could I possibly estimate cost when I had no access to figures.  All of these were in the possession of the Treasury.  If I had an accountant working alongside me and briefing me daily on the costs I would have had this information at my fingertips.  In reality, SAV had easier access to it than I had.  What I was able to do, and what I did, was to ensure that every penny spent was operationally necessary.  I went through all of these, including the Australia trip, in minute detail to SAV and Mrs Middleton.  I even had a detailed report on that trip submitted to Frank Walker through SAV and it was acknowledged that the expenditure was justified.  It was not until after I retired that the matter of the Australia trip was dishonestly resurrected.  

Furthermore, it is not true that no minutes were taken of these meetings.  Mrs Middleton made copious notes, and indeed used them to remind me of what was said at them in the following days.  The e mails should still be available.  Can we assume that these notes have also been shredded?

There is one last matter of concern.  BDO seem to be quoting from my statement to Wiltshire.  This was a statement made for a particular purpose – the investigation into Graham Power.  When I was refused a copy, I was told that no one would be given a copy and that it would be used for no purpose other than the one it was made for.  That was a condition of me then agreeing to make it.  I am surprised that it was used for another purpose particularly in the light of the Home Affairs Minister’s refusal to make it public.

BDO state that Mr Austen Vaughtier appears to have blamed his apparent failure to monitor expenditure on the fact that he was told by me that we were investigating a child homicide.  This is totally incorrect and is easily demolished by reference to any number of open media sources where I have drawn the distinction between a homicide investigation and treating a scene as one of a possible homicide.  Both the authors of the report and SAV should have been well aware of my position on this and the report is misleading and untrue in this regard.

I am disappointed that SAV should have sought to discredit the enquiry in the fashion he has.  I had a high regard for him although I was well aware of the pressure he was under from politicians trying to get at the enquiry, and I can understand why he has changed his stance given the ruthlessness and desperate manoeuvrings of those he works for.  I am in possession of an e mail from him which shows the level of co-operation I was giving him and his satisfaction with it.


50 comments:

voiceforchildren said...

Rico.

Lenny said "The BDO report states that where the dog barked, we dug. It deliberately ignores the evidence of the Operation Rectangle Summary Report, (available on the SOJP website before Mr Warcup removed it) which describes all the technical and scientific aids and methods which were used to corroborate the reactions of the dogs."

Thankfully Citizens Media still have a copy of the "Operation Rectangle Summary Report" and are able to back Mr.Harpers testimony up, once AGAIN with HARD EVIDENCE

Anonymous said...

Yet another scandal exposed by the bloggers and the MSM are made to look complicit.

Anonymous said...

£64K BDO pocketed for that little [our chap] report and are clearly part of the worst cover up in living history. Thanks for keeping the record straight Rico and Lenny - riveting read.

voiceforchildren said...

Rico.

Thought I'd help Jon Gripton out with a possible Headline.

"£64,000 of tax payers money spent on ANOTHER discredited, flawed, and one-sided Report - who is going to put a stop to this out of control and lawless government?"

Ian Evans said...

NO COVER-UP IN JERSEY!

Ex-Senator Stuart Syvret said...

Yesterday was Bob Dylan’s 70th birthday.

“All along the watchtower, princes kept their view While all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too.

Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl
Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl.”

Stuart

Anonymous said...

"There is one last matter of concern. BDO seem to be quoting from my statement to Wiltshire. This was a statement made for a particular purpose – the investigation into Graham Power. When I was refused a copy, I was told that no one would be given a copy and that it would be used for no purpose other than the one it was made for. That was a condition of me then agreeing to make it. I am surprised that it was used for another purpose particularly in the light of the Home Affairs Minister’s refusal to make it public."

Ian le Marquand should be working out a way how to stay out of jail not thinking about running for chief minister.

Anonymous said...

Why is this stuff always left to bloggers what are the main stream media paid for? You've blown all the establishment and media bumph to smithereens and ripped their reports apart. Credit to bloggers the msm are in your shadow.

Anonymous said...

Lenny, the Jersey MSM read all these blogs have any of them contacted you to confirm their authenticity or asked you for an interview?

Anonymous said...

Can someone help me out here I cannot fathom out Wiltshires actions?

Why did they provide information from this report and allow BDO to use it?

rico sorda said...

Anonymous

We are awaiting Wiltshire's reply. Lenny Harper is still in the dark as to who handed over classified information and in doing so probably broke the Data Protection Law. All we know is BDO have quoted it in their report so that leaves two possible places

Wiltshire or Home Affairs

I know where my money is

rs

Anonymous said...

They should get Shaun Power to say he stole Lenny's statement and gave it to BDO. Then the Data Protection Officer can say it wasn't criminal and was regulatory and brush it under the Jersey carpet.

rico sorda said...

I emailed PAC on sunday aka Shenton & Brekon. I have tried again

rs




Dear Senators

I fully appreciate that you are busy people but could you please acknowledge my email and let me know ASAP the findings of the PAC into the BDO Alto Report.

Kind Regards

Rico Sorda

--- On Sun, 22/5/11, rico sorda wrote:

From: rico sorda
Subject: BDO Alto Report 2010
To: "Ben Shenton" , A.Breckon@gov.je
Date: Sunday, 22 May, 2011, 16:12

Dear Senators

I have been investigating the BDO Alto report into the Financial Management of the Historical Child Abuse Investigation. I came across this exchange from Hansard that I reproduce below. I cant find any link to the report or your findings on the P.A.C home page.

I have uncovered a whole host of problems with this report and urgently need to cross reference them with your findings.

You can read my post by clicking on here http://ricosorda.blogspot.com/ and reading the BDO posts 1 to 4

Kind Regards

Rico Sorda

rico sorda said...

3.6 Deputy M. Tadier of St. Brelade of the Minister for Home Affairs regarding an independent inquiry into the financial probity of the Haut de la Garenne Inquiry:

Will the Minister inform Members why and when he commissioned an independent inquiry into the financial probity of the Haut de la Garenne inquiry, how much it has cost, where the funding has come from and when the report will be presented to the States?

Senator B.I. Le Marquand (The Minister for Home Affairs):

A report was first approved by my predecessor and I reaffirmed the decision that such a report was necessary because there was some evidence of serious financial mismanagement. It is desirable that such matters be looked at by accountants in addition to being looked at, as they have been, as part of certain disciplinary matters. The ambit of the matters are also wider than purely disciplinary matters because they also look at the role of the Home Affairs Department as well as the role of the police in relation to financial management of Operation Rectangle. It has cost £64,000 and has been paid, so I am told, out of P.91/2008 historical abuse inquiry and P.83/2009 which was in Article 11(8). These are matters which clearly arise out of the historical abuse inquiry because they are matters of inquiry in relation to serious financial mismanagement relating to those inquiries. The redacted report will go to the P.A.C. (Public Accounts Committee) as soon as I can get a redacted version of the report, and I hope to include it in briefings on disciplinary matters which I hope to hold shortly.

3.6.1 Deputy M. Tadier:

The Minister seems to have answered the £64,000 question. Could he explain what he means by the redacted version, what the redaction will entail and will the P.A.C. be able to see the unredacted and redacted versions if necessary?

Senator B.I. Le Marquand:

The purpose of redaction in relation to reports is to remove information relating to the names of individuals, they might be individual witnesses, they might be individuals who are implicated in some way and who are not public facing. This is a standard process. I am led to believe the normal process in relation to such matters is to first provide a redacted version and then to seek undertakings of confidentiality from a committee when they can then have the full version.

3.6.2 The Deputy of St. Martin:

I would be interested to know really why it has taken so long for this particular report ... I know of course £64,000, but can the Minister explain why it has taken so long for that report to be produced and indeed go to P.A.C. because quite clearly once it has gone to P.A.C. there will be an understandable delay in their scrutiny of it, so could the Minister say why? Also really is it not a fact that it is the Chief Officer of the Home Affairs Department that has responsibility for the overall financing of the police budget and not the Police Chief Officer, so maybe the wrong person has been suspended?

Senator B.I. Le Marquand:

I do not know why it has taken so long. I received a draft version of this quite a long time ago. The final document is a shorter document, more punchy, more direct, with less detail. I simply do not know. These reports do seem to take a very long time to produce. I am able to confirm that the Accounting Officer, both for the States of Jersey Police and for other aspects of Home Affairs matters, is the Chief Officer of Home Affairs and not the Chief Officer of Police. There are comments made in various reports as to w

rico sorda said...

I gave it a little bit of work and found a complete mess. Now lets see what the PAC found

rs

voiceforchildren said...

Rico.

Deputy Hill asked.

"Also really is it not a fact that it is the Chief Officer of the Home Affairs Department that has responsibility for the overall financing of the police budget and not the Police Chief Officer, so maybe the wrong person has been suspended?"

It's the "maybe the wrong person has been suspended?" that ILM forgot to answer?

Anonymous said...

None of the Jersey media have contacted me to ask about or clarify anything to do with the BDO report. Lenny Harper

Anonymous said...

"None of the Jersey media have contacted me to ask about or clarify anything to do with the BDO report. Lenny Harper"

What is this, a super injunction? What is behind this?

Anonymous said...

Is it known if any of these reports Wiltshire or even BDO quoting from Wiltshire, correlate with the information David Rose quoted in his Daily Mail article posted 4th Oct 2009?

His source for his version of information used in that article would it of been Data protected at that time?

Anonymous said...

It stands to reason that this would be a good time for our politicians to respond to the BDO report, etc.

None of this "we are too busy".

After all their last States sitting was 17th May and their next is June 7th.

This means that the majority of them now have three weeks of twiddling their thumbs!?

And as for ILM being on holiday till 3rd June.

Where is his second in command?

No, there is no excuse this time for any delaying tactics....

Keep hounding Lenny and team. Its your right.

voiceforchildren said...

Rico.

Lenny has not been contacted by the MEDIA

Just learnt how to do that link!

Anonymous said...

Furthermore, it is not true that no minutes were taken of these meetings. Mrs Middleton made copious notes, and indeed used them to remind me of what was said at them in the following days. The e mails should still be available. Can we assume that these notes have also been shredded?

They have now...........

Anonymous said...

Have any of the other officers who were living it up in London with Lenny Harper faced disciplinary charges? One even handed a Napkin over to BDO as proof of something????

Anonymous said...

No one has faced any disciplinary charges. The napkin was proof of nothing and there is nothing to even suggest it came from the restaurant. Neither was the news of the world reporter ever contacted by BDO to ask about the evening they quote.

Deputy Trevor Pitman said...

Hi Rico

Fair play to you for all of the digging. As you know I will be doing an interview with VFC on this before the next States sitting.

Someone asks why do the mainstrean media not follow up some of these questions. The very fact that they don't makes the current restriction on Citizen Meida all the more absurd.

As you know, before our bereavements last year it was me who brought up the issue of why the Wiltshire expenses had never been questioned. We still don't have those aanswers even now. But we will.

For the record I am also going to be putting in my own proposals for a level playing field for CM as it is quite clear nothing will be coming forward officially.

rico sorda said...

Let me explain this in simple terms in our crooked toxic corrupt Island

Suspending the Chief of Police and covering up state run child abuse = £500,000

Covering up Manslaughter at the General Hospital = £300,000

Golden pay-offs


Bill Ogley, who is leaving at the end of May
STATES chief executive Bill Ogley is to receive a six-figure pay-off when he leaves his job at the end of the month, a States Senator said yesterday.

Speaking at a Scrutiny Panel hearing yesterday Senator Jim Perchard said that both a States chief executive and a former chief officer of Health and Social Services had left their posts with ‘golden handshakes’ worth hundreds of thousands of pounds each.

He referred to one leaving with £500,000 and another with £300,000, but did not specify who had received what. It is understood, however, that the higher figures relates to Mr Ogley’s departure.

The Senator did not give names but was understood to be referring to Mr Ogley and the former chief officer of Health and Social Services Mike Pollard, who resigned in 2009.

Article posted on 26th May, 2011 - 3.00pm


Jersey is in a serious Fooking Mess

rs

rico sorda said...

Hi Trev

I agree with what you say about the MSM just a total joke.

Have you had a reply from SAV yet concerning our emails and the Wiltshire expenses? Look forward to reading your proposals on CM does it include a one way ticket to herds deep?

Keep going and jack scrutiny because in its present form its Boll*cks

rs

Ian Evans said...

HOPING FOR JUSTICE IN JERSEY

rico sorda said...

This is my email exchange with P.A.C

--- On Thu, 26/5/11, Ben Shenton wrote:

From: Ben Shenton
Subject: RE: BDO Alto Report 2010
To: "rico sorda"
Date: Thursday, 26 May, 2011, 8:02



Dear Rico,

It would take me the whole morning to type an e-mail to explain this.

Happy to meet for a coffee next week to discuss.

Ben Shenton


From: rico sorda
Sent: 26 May 2011 13:39
To: Ben Shenton
Cc: Montfort Tadier; Bob Hill; Alan Breckon
Subject: RE: BDO Alto Report 2010


Dear Mr Shenton

Thank you for the reply.

Like your good self im also very busy.

As you are Chairman of P.A.C I would hope that you could explain to me in a very short email exactly what the situation is between PAC and the BDO Alto report. As you are aware the BDO Alto report was quoted extensively in the MSM on the 15th July 2010. I have found a host of problems with this Report let alone serious Data Protection issues. I believe it would be better for you to explain in an email the current situation, also where I can find the PAC findings online.

I have copied Deputy Tadier & Deputy Hill into this exchange. The reason for doing this is a simple one. Deputy Tadier & Hill were involved in the original exchange from Hansard (copied below) and it would save them lodging questions in the States.

Again, I understand you are busy but I must clear up exactly what PAC did with the BDO report.

All findings will be published on my Blog. As this is a matter of public interest I don't see this as being a problem.

Senator Le Marquand;

"The redacted report will go to the P.A.C. (Public Accounts Committee) as soon as I can get a redacted version of the report, and I hope to include it in briefings on disciplinary matters which I hope to hold shortly."



3.6.1 Deputy M. Tadier:

The Minister seems to have answered the £64,000 question. Could he explain what he means by the redacted version, what the redaction will entail and will the P.A.C. be able to see the unredacted and redacted versions if necessary?

3.6.2 The Deputy of St. Martin:

I would be interested to know really why it has taken so long for this particular report ... I know of course £64,000, but can the Minister explain why it has taken so long for that report to be produced and indeed go to P.A.C. because quite clearly once it has gone to P.A.C. there will be an understandable delay in their scrutiny of it, so could the Minister say why? Also really is it not a fact that it is the Chief Officer of the Home Affairs Department that has responsibility for the overall financing of the police budget and not the Police Chief Officer, so maybe the wrong person has been suspended?

It could be that Deputy Hill and Tadier had answers to the questions above

Look forward to your reply kind regards

Kind Regards

Rico Sorda

rico sorda said...

From: Ben Shenton
Subject: RE: BDO Alto Report 2010
To: "rico sorda"
Cc: "Alan Breckon"
Date: Thursday, 26 May, 2011, 15:09

Dear Rico,

The PAC have made recommendations regarding the structure within Home Affairs and the role of the Accounting Officer in various Reports.

With regard to specific written references to the BDO Report there are none that I can recall. As a body we are interested in the overall structure of the States and whether it is fit for purpose. We have subsequently highlighted weaknesses in the current structure at Home Affairs and taken action to address these. All of our Reports appear on the website.

The PAC read the BDO Alto report to ascertain how the controls were working at that time in order that the process could be reviewed. No formal public comment has been made by the PAC on the BDO report or its specific opinions.

regards,

Ben Shenton


From: "rico sorda"
To: "Ben Shenton"
Cc: m.tadier@gov.je, "Bob Hill"
Dear Mr Shenton

Thank you for your prompt reply

Obviously I will have more questions as this part leaves me a little puzzled

"The PAC read the BDO Alto report to ascertain how the controls were working at that time in order that the process could be reviewed. No formal public comment has been made by the PAC on the BDO report or its specific opinions."

The Report contained a totally one sided view as Lenny Harper nor Graham Power had been contacted in the compiling of this report. It does not state under what conditions the witnesses gave evidence, it quotes from Lenny Harper confidential Wiltshire Statement and was set up by the Home Affairs Minister and his Accounting Officer with terms of reference.

As you will no doubt agree with me Senator Shenton the Islands Government with her ruling elite is nothing short of a Shambolic Mess

Kind Regards

Rico Sorda

Anonymous said...

Rico,

Glad to see that you are not allowing Senator Shenton to twiddle his thumbs till the next States sitting?!

TonyTheProf said...

"On page 10 the report states that an NPIA(National Policing Improvement Agency) review criticised my strategy. This is very odd because it was the NPIA who developed the strategy (and I have a copy of the letter they sent me outlining it)."

That really is damming evidence that the BDO Alto report is seriously flawed. The only explanation I can see is that they appear to have been relying on hearsay rather than checking facts directly with the agency itself.

Well done Rico for getting this data out there.

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable we have Mr. Ozouf lying with answers he gave in the States chamber that BDO is independent and no mention of this little discrepancy by Mr. Shenton.

Ex-Senator Stuart Syvret said...

Rico

If the assertions by Ben Shenton are correct - in respect of the degree and type of attention and scrutiny they paid to the BDO report - then he and his fellow panel members were, and are, unfit to hold those posts.

Given the central importance of these matters - to a subject as fundamental as child protection - to have paid so little attention to a report that was being used to attack spending on child abuse investigations is disgraceful.

If that is what passes for "due diligence" - by the States of Jersey's Public Accounts Committee - then it's hardly surprising tax-payers are being required to fork-out such sums as £500,000 and £300,000 in pay-offs to men who were simply unemployable and who should have been sacked.

Stuart.

Anonymous said...

Excellent point by Tony above, and one which bears repeating in official letters to NPIA and all others involved.

Elle

Anonymous said...

I am so cynical and starting to believe BDO were handed a draft of what they required the investigation to highlight.

Hence non scrutiny.

rico sorda said...

"That really is damming evidence that the BDO Alto report is seriously flawed. The only explanation I can see is that they appear to have been relying on hearsay rather than checking facts directly with the agency itself."

These points will be raised in my next blog posting. We will also be publishing more hard evidence.

Like we have said before

Is this the worst ever Child Abuse Cover-up

rs

Anonymous said...

Who is going to put an end to this situation.

Where do we go from here? I dont doubt more evidence will be published but seriously where is the credited media?

rico sorda said...

This is my comment i left on THISISJERSEY

This is really very simple and goes back to the Walker regime.

Suspending the Chief of Police & helping to Cover- Up state run Child Abuse =£500,000

Covering up Manslaughter at the General Hospital and resigning before the damning report =£300,000

BO did so much dirty work for FW in 2008 that £500,000 should keep him sweet. Both these Civil Servants have left under a dark cloud yet tango off into the sunset with £800,000 pounds not including their pensions. But what of the paper that has given us the story? If they had done their job properly and investigated these two instead of churning out the establishment line they would have saved the Jersey Tax Payer £800,000.

The Government /Media is in a disgusting mess

RS


Anonymous

I believe David Rose got his information from a Senator in the States of Jersey - Senator Jimmy Perchard

rs

Anonymous said...

Well, just had first hand experience yet again of the type of ignorant hicks we have hear. A discussion of Bill Ogley turned HDLG with the response from one learned individual that nothing happened and abuse happened in loads of places back then and piece of skull was a coconut. the moment i tried to explain i was told, not interested why you starting a big debate.argument when i am not interested was the response. The ignorance and thickness of people is a disgrace and really shows the, dodnt happen or didnt affect me so dont give a sxxx mentality of people. unfortunatly that isnt just over here but tends to be the mentality of many of the worlds population these days, what i term the Me culture!

Anonymous said...

That is the problem in jersey not enough people care. Nothing bad ever happens in jersey that is why the Island struggled so much with the child abuse investigation. The jersey bloggers have done some beautiful work and may it continue. Rico, is right when he said BO was paid for suspending Graham Power and SHAFTING the abuse investigation you don't do those things for just a dime. Stuart Syvret has been right, love him or loathe him he is right. Citizen Media spread those wings and bring the people in.

Anonymous said...

Consider the percentage of cases the law officers did not proceed with. You have to wonder who is being protected in Jersey?

Anonymous said...

Just read Mr. Ozouf's latest tweet Re exclusion of GST on food. he says ''Deputy Pitmas report is on of the worst and poorly argued and researched documents that I have seen in my time in the States''

Ignoring research of PAC into BDO then.

rico sorda said...

This is a brilliant read

TOM GRUCHY

RS

Anonymous said...

Hi anon in response to my anon comment re work debate if thats what u can call it! It all came to a war of words when i was told that despite agreeing abuse happened what this individual was against was the news doorstepping our precious island on reports of bodies and coconuts. Literally, the moment i mentioned how do you know and it was just someone who said it looked like coconut is when the something hit the fan and discussion over. I was then accused of trying to turn something into a debate, real funny considering i was chatting to another person about ogley into which mr no debate allowed doorstepped.

Now the lad in question is only young and he loves jersey and i mean loves it to the point no wrong can happen. I love jersey i am born and bred but unfortunaltey the difference is i am older and have been brought up to know that life isnt all rosy and that even if it is for you then you spare a thought for those less fortunate.

Maybe thats the difference of a few years. I mentioned i pay money each month to a charity and he was shocked and said thats an amazing thing to do. Now if someone had told me that i would say, heck i can spare a tenner or more per month why not do the same, unfortunately mr debatable is not of that persuasion and probably thinks oh well at least someone is giving them money ergo i shouldnt either bother, worry about others or think f it doesnt affect me.

Next time there is a debate on a new natural disaster that kills thousands of people i will be returning the gesture with a response along the lines of not interested mate has nothing to do with me.

Obviously, i will continue my donations but will no longer give out an impression of someone who gives a damn

voiceforchildren said...

This will have you splitting your sides with LAUGHTER

Ian Evans said...

JERSEY CRIMINALS ARE ROLLING IN IT!

Mac said...

Rob Brown of Bdo-Alto is also a member of Jersey Finance fiscal strategy group and they also do a lot of work for the SOJ

Anonymous said...

http://www.jerseyfsc.org/the_commission/general_information/public_statements/MrRichardArthur.asp

When The JFSC banned the managing partner of BDO from working in the finance industry, it may have left the firm in a vulnerable position and eager to please the establishment

Ian Evans said...

WAKING UP TO CRIME