End of Year Blog - Part 1
"IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE THEN YOU HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR"
All the Jersey Agencies who had responsibility for Children in Jersey over the Decades should be willing and able to help any forthcoming Committee of Enquiry.
There is no excuse for this not to happen
1. How have the Children's homes been run in recent decades?
2. What procedures were in place to recruit staff and how was the performance of staff monitored? Should other steps have been taken to monitor performance?
3. What measures were taken to address inappropriate behaviour from staff when it was discovered, and if those measures were insufficient , what other measures should have been taken?
4. How did those in authority at political and officer level deal with problems that were brought to their attention?
5. What processes were in place to assess the performance of the homes and what action was taken as a result of any problems that were identified?
6. Were there any mechanisms in operation to allow children to report their concerns in safety and what action was taken if and when concerns were voiced
The above is taken from P19/2011 tabled by the former Deputy of St Martin Bob Hill. They were his recommendations for the terms of reference for the Committee of Enquiry. The former States Assembly voted through 1,2, and 5. How or why did they come to the conclusion that the other parts were not necessary? I find this amazing I really do. I shouldn't be surprised at the voting in the States but sometimes you just have to sit back and say what the heck was that all about.
The other TOR that managed to sneak through was the amendment by Deputy Tadier which was;
DEPUTY M. TADIER OF ST. BRELADE
“7. Was a consistent and impartial approach taken when deciding on which cases to prosecute; and was the process free from political influence or interference at any level?”.
As you can imaging Senator Bailhache is highly conflicted with the Tadier Amendment as it looks at the Law Office. These issues must be highlighted. We must also be noted that his brother William Bailhache was Attorney General in 2008. The Law firm Bailhache & Labesse represented the Abuse Victims of Blanche Pierre and the collapsing of their case. You can read more on this here;
As we come to the end of 2011 I will be publishing some of my old blog postings & having a look back over the Year.
It has been a long and rewarding year. As you will be aware this is done in my spare time. The researching and investigative work is done in spare time. What we have uncovered is shocking. The Jersey Media have uncovered nothing apart from a press release over these past 3 years. They don't ask any questions that might vindicate the actions of Graham Power, Lenny Harper and the team that worked under them in exposing the decades of Child Abuse in the care homes of Jersey.
Why can that be? What is the real reason that the Jersey MSM suffered a lobotomy when it came to the Jersey Historical Abuse Enquiry? The facts and evidence speak for themselves. In the New Year I will be also having a very serious look at the the Toxic Edifice that is the Jersey Evening Post. This will be highlighted when I start looking at the work of outside Media Consultant Matt Tapp. If people thought their reporting of the BDO findings was nothing short of a disgrace then you will be further shocked next year.
As we look forward to 2012 there will be no let up in our Investigative work
Stuart Syvret will be out of Prison in January fully reseted and ready for his continued battles against our Judiciary. HIs work is all entwined with the Child Abuse Investigation and their paths will cross during the Committtee of Enquiry.
Decades of Abuse occurred and no one knew?
No one complained?
No one approached the Police? The Media? The Health & Social Services?
Read the case of Blanche Pierre to get a little idea of how certain paths will cross